Everyone knows TinkaTolli is now in Open Beta, so I interviewed one of it's creators - Kevin McLean is one of the main owners of Tinkatolli. He's a coder and the one who makes the game awesome.


Gelu - Are you happy how TinkaTolli launched, or you wanted to add somenthing before it's launch?

Kevin - I am very happy with the launch. Although one regret is that we didn't launch four or five months ago. We have been working on Tinkatolli for so long, that we wanted it to be perfect. But what I realize now is that it is never going to be perfect; we are always going to have new ideas, things we want to do better or exciting new things we want to add. So we may as well just get it out there, let a bunch of kids have fun, and make changes as we go.

Gelu - What is you biggest project you're proud of during the beta testing?

Kevin - The biggest thing I am proud of is how we have worked as a team. It has been very, very hard with so few people building such an ambitious game with so little money. I am proud that we have accomplished so much, and I am proud that we have been able to have so much fun together as we did it. There have been stressful times, and there still are, but we get over them and we get the job done. (And I am also proud that I have beat Konrad at foosball 3 times).

Gelu - Do you think TinkaTolli will be a successful virtual world?

Kevin - There is a lot of competition out there, but I really think we have something that is new, exciting and different, and I think that kids recognize that. So yes, I do think we will be a successful virtual world. It may take some time, but if we keep being creative and keep getting such fantastic support from our players, I know we can make it happen.

Gelu - What is your favorite thing about ''moderating'' TinkaTolli?

Kevin - My favorite thing is definitely meeting all of the kids. I have been so impressed with how cool, kind and intellegent our players are. I am really happy that I have had the opportunity to get to know a lot of them quite well. I hope its possible to keep doing that even as Tinkatolli grows.

Gelu - Thanks for all your awnsers! Do you have a last message for the beta-testers which helped Tinkatolli?

Kevin - Thank you! We had so much fun these past nine months. We feel so lucky that you somehow found us, signed for a waiting list, and became such an important part of Tinkatolli. It wouldn't me the same without you.


Woot! Thanks Kevin for taking time for awnsering these questions. I bet everyone will be proud to play TinkaTolli.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tinka Time

Reccomended Blogs

Blog Archive

Our Blog Banner

Total Pageviews